- Drew has a 4:30am alarm that goes off for his workouts. He pops out of bed and goes to the gym because he knows it is the time that works best for our family and his work schedule.
- Ali belongs to Orange Theory and schedules her classes weekly. They have a cancellation policy and that really helps her to NEVER cancel and pay $18 for nothing. Even when her alarm goes off at 4:40am on a work day, she isn’t going to miss and have to pay up.
- When I lived in Chicago, my friend Kelly and I had workout dates before work. We would go together and there was no way either of us would cancel or sleep in. A workout date with someone can really help get your booty to the gym!
Mental Toughness During a Workout
- “Amy, you are doing great. You got this. 2 rounds down, 1 to go. You are killing it!”
- “You made it this far Amy, you’ve got this! You are WAY closer to being done now. Let’s go here.”
- When I’m racing: “Amy, stay within this mile. Don’t get ahead of yourself. You are doing great. You’ve got it. You can do this girl.”
- “Hard is where the progress happens girl! You can do this!”
- During pregnancy: “Amy, you know labor is going to be uncomfortable. This is preparation. Push through this here, you can do it.”
Honestly, I could go on and on. And yes, I do use my name AND even say these things aloud. Make these personal to you! Whatever tone you need to take with yourself to push through that mental block that comes up for EVERYONE!