Hi friends! Happy Thursday.
Here are MY 5 tips for getting enough sleep:
- Workout! So much goodness comes from working out and sleeping well is one huge benefit! Plus all the other benefits, so start moving that tush!
- Go to bed the same time each night. This has been in the news a lot lately, but going to bed around the same time each night really gives your body a schedule and it can start to find its rhythm.
- Turn off your phone. This one is so huge for me. I turn my phone on silent and DO NOT look at it. This is especially important for those middle of the night wakeups. If you check your phone in the middle of the night it completely engages your mind and the light makes an impact.
- Have a bedtime routine. I always shower at night and then get in bed. It works for me and I love going to bed super clean. Maybe you like reading for a half hour in bed before going to sleep. Whatever winds you down and gets you ready to get some zzz’s is perfect.
- Lights out. It is been proven that we sleep better without TVs on (AHHH! I hope my husband is reading). So if you seem to have trouble feeling well rested after a night’s sleep and the TV is on, I would suggest trying a few nights without it.
- Relaxing your mind. I know some people think about the next day or everything they have to do and have trouble sleeping. I don’t have great personal experience with that since my mind doesn’t do that (benefit of type B personality), but I know that some people find meditation before bed super helpful to calm their mind. My friend also said essential oils really do help her drift off, so you could also try that!
I hope this post helps you think about your sleep and sleep routines a little more!
Book recommendation that also really helps demonstrate important of sleep: Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Life of Well-Being, Wisdom, and Wonder
I still go back and listen to certain part of the books via the Audible app. I would highly recommend listening to books on your commute, it really gives you a good start to the day//refresher after work. Try it via this link: