24 day challenge
I started my entire AdvoCare journey with a 24 day challenge. My sister and I were both getting married and look our best on our big days. We were super excited to jump into the challenge together. Both of us saw great results and completely loved the products. THIS IS WHY I signed up to become a distributor, simply to get the discount on my own personal products. For people that are looking to lose weight, I would highly suggest purchasing the 24 day challenge. It is an investment, but the LENGTH of time of this challenge and the AdvoCare products that you get give you the best chance of making a healthy lifestyle that will stick. Purchase here: 24 day challenge
10 tips for your AdvoCare Challenge
These are my best tips for new challengers! I’ve done several challenges, both of the 10 and 24 day variety and also helped coached family/friends/coworkers through it. I’ve picked up a thing or two along the way J
- Pick an accountability partner. As I mentioned earlier, my first challenge was with my sister. We were constantly texting and talking on the phone about our temptations during the challenge (ie. I really, really want a glass of wine right now…). Having an accountability partner is the best way to stay on track. My best 10 day challenge ever was when my husband joined me! Living in the same house with your accountability partner makes it even easier to stay on track.
- Stay calm and read the instructions. When the AdvoCare box arrives to your doorstep, if you are anything like me you are so excited to jump in and get started. It is best if you PLAN the day that you will start and stick to that. Before that day read over the instructions in the guidebook that comes with either challenge. If you have any questions contact your “coach” (the person you purchased the challenge through). If it’s me, shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I will get back to you ASAP!!!
- Meal plan. After you read the instructions and understand what the nutritional guidelines are, it’s time to meal plan. I’ve helped challengers that ate out for 75% of their meals, and I’ve helped people that already had really healthy habits. No matter what category better describes you, you can do this successfully. It just takes planning and preparation.
- Grocery shop. Before my last challenge, my husband and I headed to the grocery store together. We picked up a ton of fresh veggies, fruit, and lean meats. We also had to pass up several items that are normally in our cart (milk, cheese, almond milk). It’s best if you are open to trying new things. During challenges I’ve realized I really love some foods that I hadn’t tried before (hello Brussel sprouts and sweet potatoes).
- Take before pictures and measurements. The scale will not always do justice to all of your hard work. BUT, pictures and measurements will! Ask your coach for a measurement sheet and make sure to fill it out before you get started.
- Speaking of weight: don’t weigh yourself too often. This is hard for some people, especially if this is why you are choosing to do the challenge. Weekly at the most is a good rule of thumb. Also weigh yourself in the same clothes at the same time on the same scale.
- Don’t cheat! Do your best to stick to the rules. Stay away from: fried food, refined sugar, dairy, alcohol, and coffee. Coffee was the hardest for me the first time around, no fear…Spark will save the day.
- Exercise. As a former personal trainer, I could go on and on about this point. If you are currently coach potato status: move! Even if it is more steps in the day, it is a start. If you are inconsistent with your exercise, why not make this the time to be more consistent by making yourself a schedule. Maybe it is the time to sign up for a new class or a couple sessions with a personal trainer?
- Drink water and Spark. Water, water, water! So good for us, and a key when weight loss is a goal. I know a lot of people can find it monotonous so look for ways to spice it up (lemons, cucumbers, etc). It’s not a bad idea to purchase extra Spark for the journey, I’ve been known to have two a day J The canister version saves you a bit of moola, I shake it up in my water bottle or put the scoop in a small Tupperware for times I need it on the go.
- Keep on trucking! The best part about the challenge is that this truly is a sustainable lifestyle. Of course you can add some of the aforementioned food categories back into your diet…but, after day 24 I keep my momentum going. After the first challenge, Spark and Meal Replacement Shakes became a part of my everyday life…reason numero uno I needed to become a distributor and enjoy 20%+ off all of my purchases. Health is a balanced journey.