Hi friends! Happy Saturday.
I wanted to pop up a quick blog post to explain the “book club” that is starting. I LOVE what this has turned into and that people started referring to it as a book club!
When I wrote the blog 100,000 Apologies I mentioned that I was going to read the book Love Unending by Becky Thompson.
I thought: why NOT invite women to read this with me? Surely other people need this type of message. Motherhood is BUSY and it is challenging. How can I also bring my best self or have any patience left for my husband and our marriage? That is what the book dives into, it is all about rediscovering your marriage during the busyness of motherhood. Whether your marriage is in a tough season OR you want to be proactive…I’m thinking it is going to be a great read. I want to stay SO in love with my husband. I want to have the type of love that Maxwell and Trey want to find themselves one day. A love that demonstrates respect, support, passion and friendship.
And then I thought, why NOT start the Facebook group I’ve been dreaming of? A place where women are welcome to come as they are. I get a lot of messages from women thanking me for being so real, what if I created a place where they could do that too?
I just went for it! I immediately started the group and then mentioned it in that blog post. I was STOKED when the group was up to 50 members. I’m now blown away by what is happening in there. Thank y’all SO much for your support and I’m excited to get to know you on a deeper level. I love how much y’all have supported each other and how many mama questions are getting answered by complete strangers that just want to help another woman out!
If you want to join the group, click here.
Now let’s dive into how the book club will work:
- Purchase Love Unending: Rediscovering Your Marriage in the Midst of Motherhood. I bought the paper version so I could write in it and then also used one of my audible credits to purchase the audio version. HAHA! I just didn’t want to fall behind since it is a 21 day journey and I know sometimes my best reading time is when I’m walking on the treadmill.
- Side note about Audible: There have been some questions about Audible, so I wanted to answer them quick. Audible is an Amazon app that allows you to download audiobooks to your phone or computer. You can search any book on Amazon and their is likely an Audible version that you can then purchase. It is super user friendly and I’ve been a Gold member for over a year. This means that I get 1 credit per month and the credits just keep on rolling over if I don’t use them. The membership means you get discounts on books, you can return titles that you are unsatisfied with and you can listen to your books anywhere. Use this link to Try Audible and Get Two Free Audiobooks.
- Start date. I decided to start this book on January 3rd. This way people have time to get it AND we’ll be through the holiday season.
- Thread. On the morning of January 3rd, I will start a thread for the first discussion. The threads will ALWAYS be under the picture above and written by me. I’ll share my thoughts on the chapter, how I see it impacting my marriage. Then I would LOVE if everyone that was reading did the same. Never feel obligated if the day was too busy or if you don’t really have thoughts on the chapter. This way we’ll be able to cheer each other on and support each other as we tackle the challenges set forth by the author each day. It is a judgement free zone, so if your struggling HARD in one section of the book/your marriage, know that there are other people with you.
- Next book. Y’all, I share this constantly but positive books are my recipe for a positive mind. I feel SO strongly about this and always “make time” for books. This typically is combined with my workout time, but I’m doing my best 😉 If you have suggestions of a book you think would fit well for the group, let me know and we can plan the next couple titles.
Cannot wait ladies.