A couple weeks ago I visited my sister Krystle + niece Brooke. We have been getting together SO much since Brooke’s arrival. I just feel like if I miss a week of that little lady’s life, it is just too much!
For part of the day we made easy + healthy recipes. As a new mom Krystle doesn’t have a whole heck of a lot of spare time. She needs healthy snacks + meals that she can make quickly and also have on hand. Additionally, I’m always looking for new recipes to keep variety in my diet, but also to have handy for when I’m going into a busy work stretch. Plus, I’ll be the very busy new mom very soon…I cannot believe how fast the due date is coming! 🙂
Both of us find recipes on Pinterest (you can follow me here). I love Pinterest as a place to get ideas + inspiration, my favorite things to browse + pin are: home decor, new bloggers to follow, vacation destinations, outfits, hair, and FOOD. Krystle gets most of her new recipes from from the site. We decided to each pick a recipe to make.
Today, I wanted to share this recipe for 4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites. We both loved the end result and they also received my husband’s stamp of approval. These nutrient packed bites would make a great snack for when you are on the go. I was sold when I saw that they were 4 ingredients, no bake, + I typically say yes to anything that involves the peanut butter chocolate combo. I would highly recommend you make yourself some energy bites!
4-Ingredient Peanut Butter Chocolate Energy Bites
via Healthy Liv. Visit her blog + this recipe here.
Healthy energy bites that taste just like peanut butter oatmeal cookie dough! (Seriously)
- 1 3/4 cup oats (old-fashioned or quick cooking)
- 3/4 cup all-natural peanut butter (If your natural peanut butter has been refrigerated and is thick, try popping the measuring cup of peanut butter in the microwave for 10-15 seconds)
- 1/3 cup honey (or slightly more if needed to bind mixture together)
- 1/3 cup semisweet or dark chocolate chips (I used mini)
- Optional: 1/4 cup wheat bran, hemp seeds, flax seeds, or chia seeds (I used hemp seeds). **I didn’t add any extras, but next time I want to try this.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together all of the ingredients.
- If the dough is sticky, you can refrigerate it for a 2-3 hours or pop it in the freezer for 30 minutes to slightly firm up.
- Form the dough into about 24 tablespoon-sized balls and refrigerate for about an hour before enjoying.
- To store, place energy bites in a ziploc bag or storage container. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks or freeze for up to 6 months.
Depending on the type of peanut butter you use and its thickness, you may need to add slightly more honey or peanut butter to help the energy bites come together.
Nutrition info (for 1 energy bite):
Calories: 100 Carbs: 11g Protein: 3g Sugar: 7g
These are easy peezy and delicious! We had almost every ingredient on hand too, which is always a plus!
Look for another blog tomorrow!!!! -Ames